ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE ASSISTANT
Type of Position: Full-Time
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Start Date: As Soon As Possible / Negotiable
BillPro is looking for a motivated accounting and fintech enthusiast to join our Amsterdam team. Based in the heart of the city, this position is suitable for a graduate, career starter or someone with a few years experience in finance or administration looking for their next challenge.
A typical day will including working with our global team to support all aspects of the financial management of our business. Using common sense, problem solving skills and your passion for the detail, you’ll apply your knowledge to new concepts, projects and routine activities to support the financial services team and the broader business.
In this role you will:
- Process accounts payable, receivable invoices and customer statements.
- Process monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Answer queries from internal and external clients
- Support the team to prepare financial and regulatory reporting
- Support our management team with administrative and technical projects relating to finance and reporting
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrate common sense and good judgement in making decisions
- An eye for detail
- A sound knowledge of accounting principals; general ledger, journals, nature of ledger accounts (Is a bank account debit or credit in nature? When is a journal not appropriate?)
- Have vast experience with using the Internet to research, purchase and communicate – you must be internet savvy!
- Intelligent, logical, motivated individual who strives for success in their career – you must be a smart cookie!
- High level of computer literacy including advanced use of Excel
- Ability to synthesise large amounts of data and quickly identify errors and omissions
- Work well both independently and with others
Skills required to be successful in this role, you will:
- Be an effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills (English language)
- Have exceptional analytical skills
- Enjoy working in an ever-changing and fast-paced work environment
- Be a supportive team player
- Show commitment to your personal self-development
- Be a fast learner
Training will be provided; we are looking for the right skills and right attitude!
If you do not submit a cover letter explaining your background and why we need you – we will not read your application. All applications and queries must be in writing, telephone calls will not be accepted.
You must have the right to work in the Netherlands.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.