Underwriting and Compliance Intern
Type of Position: Full-Time Internship
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Start Date: As Soon As Possible/Negotiable
BillPro is looking for a motivated full-time intern to join our Underwriting and Compliance team in Amsterdam. You will be part of the merchant approval process and your daily duties will include assisting with assessment and analysis of customer applications. If you want to work in an international and dynamic team of payments experts and if you meet the requirements, send us your Resume today!
BillPro is an established global Merchant Processing Specialist, licensed Payment Service Provider and Acquirer looking to expand our Amsterdam-based team. We are a rapidly growing company with our sights set on making global payments easier and more accessible for every online business around the world.
You will be reporting directly to the Compliance Manager, in this role your purpose will be to assist the Underwriting and Compliance team with initial assessment of customer applications while considering the internal acceptance guidelines in order to on-board new clients efficiently. You will be involved in a thorough ‘KYC’ (‘Know Your Customer’) review as well as on-going monitoring of our existing customer portfolio.
Additionally, you will be working very closely with our Risk, Compliance, Fraud and AML professionals which will give you a unique opportunity to learn about relevant payment regulations and credit card brands’ rules.
Your role will involve a range of tasks and responsibilities:
- Gathering, analysing and assessing documentation relating to customer background information, including merchant business and its owners in order to effectively assess the merchant risk profile
- Efficiently and accurately assessing applications from BillPro partners as per the internal underwriting and compliance guidelines and policies
- Collecting and validating business documentation received from BillPro customers
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records of applications and merchant information in BillPro CRM
- Supporting the Compliance team with ad-hoc projects, admin and tasks
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be an effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills (English language)
- Have exceptional analytical skills
- Enjoy working in an ever-changing and fast-paced work environment
- Be a supportive team player
- Show commitment to your personal self-development
- Be a fast learner
- The position is open to students in their final year(s) of study
- You must be enrolled as a student for the whole duration of the internship
Nice to have:
- Experience with KYC (Know Your Customer) / Underwriting procedure
- Previous work experience within payments / financial industry
- Law-oriented study
What we offer:
- Full time internship for an agreed period of time (typically 6 to 12 months with the possibility to extend the contract as a full-time employee)
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Enjoyable environment in a fast-growing company
- Comfortable workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
- Opportunities for self-improvement and professional growth
- Working with a team of highly skilled and motivated payment experts and enthusiasts
- Friendly team members who are always happy to share their knowledge
- Specialized and highly professional training sessions on Risk and Compliance
PLEASE NOTE – To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in the Netherlands. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.